Wow, wow, wow! I'm in wedding wonderland and I don't ever want to leave! Maharani Simi and Aneil have joined forces with the best of the best to bring their fairy tale to life. Anais Event Planning & Design are floral and decor all-stars! They have created the most luxurious and romantic atmospheres for both the outdoor ceremony and lavish reception; it's unbelievable! For the wedding, our bride opts for a vibrant lengha choli that matches the liveliness of the floral details of the warm and sunny mandap. I absolutely love it! Maharani Simi is a powder pink princess as she glams up with Laenka for some darling portraits with Wedding Documentary Photography & Videography. At their elegant and dreamy reception, these lovebirds steal the scene as they waltz along the dance floor with Absolute Vibez on deck playing the perfect soundtrack. Sigh... One word comes to mind when I think of this wedding: Perfection! Visit the gallery to get your dose of wedding bliss!
Q&A with Maharani Simi:
- We absolutely loved your reception outfit, Simi! Could you tell us more about your wedding style, the designer, and why you chose this particular outfit? For my reception, I wanted something Indo-Western, stylish and elegant. I spent a lot of time in Delhi hunting for the perfect outfit. I found my dream outfit at Arjun and Anjalee Kapoor's designer showroom in Delhi. Since the back of the blouse made such a statement, I decided to put my hair all up and make a veil out of the chunni (making a veil also helped steer away from the typical "Indian bride" look since I didn't have a chunni at all). I adore all the photos where I am turned towards the back, because the back of the outfit was my favorite. The blouse was more of a corset, which lent itself to being illustrative of a western gown as opposed to an Indian lengha (which is exactly the look I was going for).
- What was the inspiration for the stunning décor at the outdoor ceremony and the reception? Were there any specific themes? My wedding ceremony outfit was pink, red, and yellow, and therefore we incorporated elements of all colors in the outdoor ceremony, creating a lighter colored ceremony feel instead of the typical "bridal red." In front of my parents' home is a private garden, so we had the post-ceremony dinner in the garden, with a live singer. We had Raj Tents design the tent in the front yard, with market lights—so, all of our guests listened to live romantic Indian music under the stars. For the reception, I wanted ultimate class and luxury, and the coral-colored roses and white florals (combined with the elegance of the San Francisco Fairmont Hotel) created a chic ambiance.
- I’ve never seen a macaron cake and I’m in love! How was the decision made to opt for a non-traditional cake? My husband and I weren't fans of traditional cake options, and therefore we began exploring other options. While visiting NYC a year before our wedding, we stumbled across an ornate macaron-tiered cake, which inspired our wedding cake. It enabled our guests to try over 10 different flavors of macarons (mint, orange, almond, etc), and we received amazing feedback from our guests on the taste and visual appeal of the macaron tiers. Much more fun than a single-flavored wedding cake!
- The abundance of floral accents really created an enchanting scene! What types of flowers were used and why did you decide to highlight the floral details? I adore flowers—sunflowers and roses being my favorite. Amrit [from Anais Events] integrated sunflowers at my wedding ceremony, and roses were heavily used at the reception (both in stage backdrop, centerpieces, and single roses at each guest's place setting).
- Were there any standout moments from the day, anything special that you would love our readers to know? We released two doves after the conclusion of our ceremony from the mandap, signaling our soaring love for one another. At the reception, Aneil and I surprised our guests by joining the professional bhangra performers with a choreographed dance towards the end of their performance, getting the rest of the guests to come out on the dance floor.
Wow, this has truly been an enchanting affair, I loved every second and detail! Congrats, Simi & Aneil!