Greetings, girlies! Today, we're going to discuss one of my fave topics when it comes to brides, which is makeup!! Every bride needs to look extra special on her big day since it's all about her! So, I scoured the net and found you, lovelies some very helpful tips that will surely have you looking like the Maharani of the moment!
1. If you're getting your makeup done by a pro: Bring references to your makeup trial. Start looking for images of makeup that you really like and bring them with you on the day! This saves on miscommunication & time!
2. Wear waterproof mascara! It lasts longer & withstands tears. If you really don't like the look or feel, use one coat of regular mascara, then follow up with a light coat of waterproof mascara.
3. For fake lashes: Use individual eyelashes – they'll make your eyes stand out and look far more subtle than a full strip. Go for differing lengths to create a really natural, fluttery look and nestle them in between your natural lashes rather than fixing them on top.
4. Lightly brush on highlighter on your nose, forehead, chin and high cheekbone area for a subtle sheen and glowing complexion.
5. For photographs: It’s a total myth that your makeup has to be plastered on for photographs. Lots of wedding photography is done in natural light, and if you choose a heavy base, the makeup may look cakey. In terms of flash, you just need to ensure that your T-Zone is matte and that can be achieved with fine translucent powders and blotting powders, instead of layers of makeup.
6. Use a moisturizer that includes SPF 30 or higher, especially if you are getting married outdoors! You may be getting more sun than you think you are, and you will definitely look pinker in pictures.
7. For Lips: Don't go too glossy or too matte. It's best to avoid lipsticks at either end of the texture scale. An overly glossy finish won't last long whilst an overly matte finish may leave your lips dry and cakey by the time it's the moment to kiss your groom. A moisturizing, satiny finish lipstick is best for a wedding - this kind of formula will keep your lips looking their best and will wear off the most evenly and naturally.
8. Always use a shimmer powder or eye shadow in the inner corners of your eyes. This will ensure your eyes look bright and awake.
And there you have it! I hope these priceless tips help you on your big day! I dunno about you ladies, but I'm running to Sephora!
No comments yet.
Please, sign in to leave a comment.