Romantic, opulent, and timelessly elegant, the Roaring 20's will forever inspire gorgeous, glamorous style for Maharanis everywhere. So how does a girl replicate the sultry looks we all drooled over in the Great Gatsby movie? Luckily, expert beauty artist KC Makeup by Karuna Chani is here to break it down for us step by step. So grab a pen and be prepared for a ton of vintage inspiration with these timeless shots by Salwa Photography!
1. Go with a Gel Eyeliner. All about the sultry and sexiness of the eyes, a good eyeliner is key for achieving vintage looks!
- Bobbi Brown gel eyeliner in black ink
- BB ultra fine liner brush for smudged effect with Bobbi Brown eye shadow in black charcoal
2. Choose fabulous Eyeshadows. Eyeshadows are overly smoky, fully cover the lid, and leave an air of mystery behind a woman's eyes.
- Bellisma by NARS duo eye palette
- Coppery shades by Makeup Forever, Star Powder # 922 & 952
- NAKED 1 & 2 eye palette by Urban Decay for any brown & black smoky eye look
3. Keep Lips sultry. Creamy flesh tone/nude colors, rosy red and dark lips are the hallmarks of the Great Gatsby era. Often playing with the shape of the lips, the lip liner was just as important as the color of the lipstick! So dabble in color but don't forget to define your lips!
- Bobbi Brown creamy matte lip color in red carpet and Bobbi Brown liner in rum raisin
- Shades that look bold by Makeup Forever rouge artist intense lipstick # 48
- Super nude shade by Tom Ford in adobe smoke
4. Balance your Blush. With such bold eyes and lips one must go soft and subtle on the cheeks to bring some balance.
- To get frost bitten cheeks, try NARS blush in dolce vita
5. Opt for Pin Curls. Section your hair out and tightly curl your entire head. After creating a side part, pin up the ends of your hair with bobbi pins for a shorter, controlled volume, curled look.
- Goldwell and Federic Fekkai to give strong hold.
Have fun and let the beauty games begin! See you soon, Maharanis!